In the rapid digital landscape, efficiency is paramount. When designing websites, page duplication can save you precious time and effort. Whether you're reusing existing content, maintaining design consistency, or creating backups, Elementor offers a seamless solution for duplicating pages. This guide delves into various methods for duplicating pages in Elementor, with and without plugins.
Need a hand with this topic? Contact us
Why Duplicate a Page in Elementor?
Before diving into the tutorial, let's understand why duplicating a page in Elementor can be beneficial. Here are some common scenarios where page duplication can come in handy:
- Consistency in Design: If you have a specific design layout that you want to replicate across multiple pages, duplicating a page in Elementor allows you to maintain consistency in colors, fonts, and layouts.
- Time-Saving: Instead of starting from scratch for each new page, duplicating an existing page with similar content can save you time and effort, especially if you have a lot of repetitive content.
- Backup and Revision: Duplicating a page provides a convenient way to create backups or revisions without the risk of losing your original content.
- Template Creation: By duplicating a page, you can create templates that can be easily reused for other pages or even different websites built with Elementor.
Now that we understand the benefits, let's explore different methods to duplicate a page in Elementor.
Method 1: Duplicate a Page in Elementor
If you already have Elementor installed on your WordPress website, duplicating a page is a breeze. Follow these steps to duplicate a page using Elementor:
Step 1: Save Your Page as a TemplateStart by navigating to the page you want to duplicate and open it for editing in Elementor. Look for a small arrow next to the "Update" button and click on it. From the options that appear, select "Save as Template."Give your template a suitable name and click on the "Save" button to save a copy of the page to your Elementor templates library.
Step 2: Import the Template into a New PageGo to your WordPress admin panel and click on "Pages" in the sidebar. Then click on "Add New" to create a new page. Give the new page a title and start editing it with Elementor.Scroll down to the drag and drop section of the Elementor editor and click on the folder icon.In the library that appears, select "My Templates" and choose the template you want to duplicate. Click on the "Insert" button, and the template will be imported into the new page.
Step 3: Customize the Duplicated PageOnce the template is imported, you can customize the duplicated page according to your needs. Edit the content, modify the layout, and make any necessary changes to create a unique page.Repeat these steps whenever you want to duplicate a page using Elementor.
Method 2: Duplicate a Page on WordPress (Without Elementor)
If you prefer not to use Elementor or any additional plugins, you can still duplicate a page on WordPress using the default block editor. Here's how:
Step 1: Copy All ContentNavigate to the page you want to duplicate and open it for editing in the WordPress editor. Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner and select "Copy all content." This will copy all the content of the page to your clipboard.
Step 2: Paste the Content to a New PageCreate a new page by going to "Pages" in the WordPress admin panel and clicking on "Add New." Give the new page a title and place your cursor in the content area. Use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+V" (or "Cmd+V" for Mac) to paste the copied content into the new page.Save the new page, and you have successfully duplicated a page on WordPress without using Elementor.
Method 3: Duplicate a Page With Happy Addons (Happy Clone Feature)
If you're looking for a more streamlined and feature-rich solution, Happy Addons offers a handy feature called "Happy Clone." This feature allows you to clone any post or page within a few clicks. Here's how you can duplicate a page using Happy Addons:
- Step 1: Install & Activate Happy AddonsIn your WordPress admin panel, go to "Plugins" and click on "Add New." Search for "Happy Addons" and install the plugin. Once installed, activate it to enable the Happy Clone feature.
- Step 2: Use the Happy Clone FeatureGo to "Pages" in the WordPress sidebar and click on "All Pages." Below each page, you will find the "Happy Clone" option. Click on it to instantly create a clone of the page.
- Step 3: Rename the Cloned PageAfter cloning the page, you can rename it to distinguish it from the original page. Edit the cloned page as needed and save it.With Happy Addons, duplicating a page becomes a simple and efficient process.
Bonus: Cross Domain Copy Paste with Happy Addons
Happy Addons offers a unique feature called "Cross Domain Copy Paste," which allows you to copy and paste any section or content from one website to another. This feature is especially useful when you want to replicate designs or content across different websites built with Elementor. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install & Activate Happy Addons ProTo access the Cross Domain Copy Paste feature, you need to have Happy Addons Pro installed and activated on both the source and target websites.
- Step 2: Copy and Paste Across WebsitesOn the source website, select the section or content you want to copy and use the Cross Domain Copy Paste feature to copy it. Then, go to the target website, open the page where you want to paste the content, and use the same feature to paste it.With Cross Domain Copy Paste, you can effortlessly duplicate content across multiple websites.
FAQs on How to Duplicate a Page in Elementor
- Can I export a template from my staging site and import it into a live site? Yes, you can export a template from your staging site as a JSON file and import it into a live site that has Elementor installed.
- Is it safe to uninstall the plugin I used to duplicate a page? It is generally recommended to keep the plugin installed if you want to retain the duplicated page and its content. Uninstalling the plugin may result in the loss of the duplicated page.
- Do I need to install Elementor and Happy Addons on the new website to use the cross-domain feature? Yes, both Elementor and Happy Addons need to be installed and activated on both the source and target websites to utilize the cross-domain copy-paste feature.
- Will the duplicated page reflect any changes made to the original page? No, once a page is duplicated, it becomes a separate entity and does not reflect any changes made to the original page. Any modifications should be made individually to each duplicated page.
Duplicating a page in Elementor offers numerous benefits, such as maintaining design consistency, saving time, creating backups, and reusing templates. Whether you choose to use Elementor's built-in features or Happy Addons' additional functionalities, duplicating pages becomes a seamless process. Follow the methods outlined in this comprehensive guide to duplicate pages in Elementor effortlessly and efficiently.
By implementing these techniques, you can enhance your website-building workflow and create high-quality, consistent, and visually appealing websites with ease. Embrace the power of Elementor and its versatile page duplication capabilities to streamline your web development process.